To determine which version of Office 2016 - in Excel, please go into menu File / Account and look at "About Excel"
If the version is "Version 1804 (Build 9226.2114 Click-to-Run)" the below workaround is applicable.
(for more information on the delivery of Office Builds by Microsoft through different channels - see
for more information about the Microsoft Office 2016 Updates Roll Back procedure described below - see
We are currently working on a solution of this problem. The root cause is either
- a bug in "Version 1804 (Build 9226.2114 Click-To-Run)" of Microsoft Office 2016 (in which case Microsoft will fix the issue in a subseqent build)
- a unannounced change in "Version 1804 (Build 9226.2114 Click-To-Run)" of Microsoft Office 2016 (in which case we will modify our product to this new unexpected behaviour)
For now you can avoid this issue by roll back your Office update to build Version 1803 (Build 9126.2152) which was issued April 11, 2018.
Office 2016 Update Roll Back Steps:
1. Launch Windows Command Prompt
2. Change directory to C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\ClickToRun by typing
CD \Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\ClickToRun
3. Start the Office 2016 Update Roll Back by typing
OfficeC2RClient.exe /update USER displaylevel=True forceappshutdown=true updatetoversion=16.0.9126.2152
4. If the Planner menu doesn't show after the Office 2016 Rollback is done - you will need to re-activate or re-install your excel Planner add-on again.
5. You may want to "Disable Updates" for Office 2016 until this issue is permanently resolved:
- In Excel go into menu "File" -> "Account" -> look at "About Excel"
- Click "Upgrade Options" -> "Disable Updates"
- Confirm the selection.